Printable Version Back to the list
- Organization Address
- 4757 Pominville
Pierrefonds (Québec) Canada H9K 1J8
- Phone number
- Primary sector
- Green Chemistry
- Secondary sector
- Year's creation
- Michel Aufoujal
- 514 880-8855
- Twitter Pitch
- AecopaQ develops biodegradable, recyclable and compostable food packaging using natural and local fibers.
- The main issues in this area are volume, cost and environmental impact during production, disposal and / or recycling.
- The objective of æcopaQ is to provide affordable, biodegradable, compostable, recyclable, healthy and environmentally friendly food packaging products while respecting the appropriate mechanical properties to meet the demanding needs of the industry for the purpose of replace styrofoam and plastic products.
- According to Freedonia Group, an independent market research company in the industry, Green Packaging was $ 212 billion in 2015. Green packaging demand will continue to grow at a rate of 5.7% per year. North America accounts for $ 59 billion (28%) of global demand.
- Value proposition
- æcopaQ will focus on cafeteria catering trays where the company has identified a unique opportunity supported by Letters of Intent.
æcopaQ Potential Addressable Market (PAM)
Year 1: 28 million units
Year 2: 51 million units
Year 3: 64 million units
- AecopaQ was selected to be part of the Ecofuel accelerator in 2018.
The same year the company was also one of the 5 finalists of Réseau Environnement Québec.
- Michel Aufoujal, President and Chief Executive Officer, moved to Canada in 1981. Since 1988, he has held executive positions in small and medium-sized businesses in a number of sectors. Mr. Aufoujal holds an MBA from the Université de Sherbrooke.
Serge Bourgea, P.Eng., Production Vice President, has 35 years of experience in R & D, production and operations management and project management. He has more than 20 years of experience in the food and packaging industries.