Printable Version Back to the list
- Organization Address
- 2300, rue Jean-Perrin
Québec (Quebec) Canada G2C 1T9
- Phone number
- 418 842-3456
- Phone station
- Primary sector
- Year's creation
- Evan Price
- Title / function
- Président et chef de la direction
- Twitter Pitch
- CO2 Solutions is an innovator in the field of enzyme-enabled carbon capture.
- With 70% of global energy demand currently met through the burning of carbon-based fuels, and demand predicted to double by 20351, the world faces a growing challenge: reducing climate change causing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions while not damaging a fragile global economy that is sustained by these abundant fossil fuels.
- Our patented technology allows for the efficient capture of CO2 from large stationary emissions sources such as coal-fired power plants and aluminum refineries, while leveraging existing solvent-based gas scrubbing approaches already known to industry. In turn, we are lowering the cost barrier to Carbon Capture and Sequestration (CCS), positioning it as a viable CO2 mitigation tool, as well as enabling industry to derive profitable new products from these waste emissions.
- Value proposition
- CO2 Solutions Inc. is a leading provider of technology for CO2 capture from industrial flue gases and reuse. This technology addresses both the market for CO2 as an industrial gas and for CO2 as the most important greenhouse gas, and therefore a cause of climate change.
- 2017: Gold Leaf Award as Emerging company of the year
2016: Winner at the Patent challenge
- • Evan Price, President and Chief Executive Officer
• Jérémie Lavoie, Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer
• Richard Surprenant, Senior Vice President, Process Engineering and Chief Technology Officer
• Louis Fradette, Director, Valorisation Carbone Québec
• Sylvie Fradette, Vice President, Research and Development
• Normand Voyer, Vice President, Biocatalysis