Printable Version Back to the list
- Organization Address
- 2004 Rue Tanguay
Magog (Québec) Canada J1X5Y5
- Phone number
- Primary sector
- Energy Efficiency
- Secondary sector
- Renewable Energy
- Year's creation
- Melissa McGrail
- Twitter Pitch
- LEKLA designs and sells high-output LED lighting systems. Our innovations deliver energy savings and help protect the environment.
- ECONOMICAL (installation, upkeep, energy consumption) and ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY LIGHTING. Our smart LED lighting systems generate savings of up to 80% in addition to reducing environmental impacts.
Our solar lighting system provides lighting for areas without electrical infrastructure to ensure a safe environment, economically.
- • Turnkey projects, including an economic study of solutions adapted to any application (parking lots, exterior walls, sports fields, workspaces, parks, trails, etc.) and support.
• Products that are designed, assembled, and tested at our factory.
• Onsite analysis of light distribution to propose the right amount of illumination, the best directional angle for each area, and to add smart controls if necessary (dimmer and remote control).
• Our energy-efficient lights are certified, composed of reputable components, and easy to maintain, for a longer lifespan and proper light output.
- LEKLA has a broad range of industrial, municipal, and commercial clients.
LED lighting is more expensive to purchase, therefore the return on investment must be calculated to have a better grasp of the savings, which may reach 80% when it comes to energy consumption, in addition to savings on labour and materials over the years.
According to an October 2013 report by American market research firm Strategy Unlimited (SU), the worldwide market for LEDs will increase by a factor of 2.7 from $3.74 billion in 2012 to $9.96 billion in 2017.
A McKinsey report and another from IMS Research have stated that between 65% and 70% of all lighting will be based on LED technology by 2020.
- Value proposition
- We work with the Cégep de Sherbrooke, the AQME, Mont-Mégantic’s Astrolab, IDA Québec, and the Université de Sherbrooke. A representative from our team has been a consultant on the Ville de Sherbrooke’s lighting committee and members of our team have been guest speakers at the Rencontre municipale sur l’énergie (AQME) and the Ville Intelligente event organized by Les Affaires.
LEKLA has two patent-pending lighting products. A light fixture with eco-friendly filters that complies with Mont-Mégantic International Dark Sky Reserve (MMIDSR) standards and cuts the amount of white light emitted by the LEDs to reduce harmful health effects and light pollution.
Long-lasting solar lighting systems are a solution for lighting areas without electrical infrastructure. They can be quickly installed, they reduce costs, and they require no wires and no cement base. Our innovation prolongs battery life by 50% and provides 4 to 5 days of lighting without recharging.