Printable Version Back to the list
PureSphera (Recyclage ÉcoSolutions)
- Organization Address
- 1000, rue du Haut-Bois Nord, 1er étage
Sherbrooke (Quebec) Canada J1N 3V4
- Phone number
- Primary sector
- Secondary sector
- Year's creation
- Claudia Beauregard
- Title / function
- Adjointe de direction
- Twitter Pitch
- Treating and recycling cold appliances that contain halocarbons to reduce GHG.
- PureSphera picks up and recycles refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, to destroy harmful gases and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- PureSphera specializes in the recycling of appliances containing ozone depleting substances (ODS). Unique in North America, the company’s plant is devoted to recycling domestic refrigerators and freezers. Thanks to leading-edge technologies, PureSphera exceeds environmental standards when it comes to managing ODS and reaches a recycling rate of over 96% on the materials recovered.
- PureSphera works in conjunction with municipalities, appliance retailers, refrigeration specialists, electrical utilities, as well as metal and automotive recyclers to eliminate halocarbons, improve energy efficiency and recover and reuse raw materials.
Our activities supported the first 100% Quebec transaction in the regulated carbon offset market.
- Value proposition
- Turnkey project
Best way to reduce GHG
The only provider that captures and destroys 99.99% of the halocarbons contained in cooling equipment, in which insulating foam contains four times the gas in the actual coolant coils!
Computerized management and traceability
Pierre Dansereau Distinction (Réseau Environnement) for its remarkable contribution to reduce GHG
Innovation Award - Verte (Association pour le développement de la recherche et de l’innovation au Québec – ADRIQ)
Innovation Award - Procédé (Association pour le développement de la recherche et de l’innovation au Québec – ADRIQ)
Bell Excellence Prize (Institut Armand-Frappier INRS), Environment
Phénix de l’environnement (Quebec Ministry of the Environment – MDDELCC), Fight against climate change
2010 and 2011
Regional Bronze, Small Business Prize (National Bank)
Pierre Dansereau Distinction (Réseau Environnement) for its remarkable contribution to improving knowledge and sound management of infrastructures in the domain of air and climate change
Envirolys “Enterprise of the Year” (CETEQ), hazardous waste management
Green Heart (EnviroCompétences), engagement towards human resources
Jean Shoiry named Ambassador (Faculty of Engineering) of University of Sherbrooke
- Jean Shoiry, CEO, has been working in the clean technology and green economy industry since 1985. In particular, he headed the strategic development of GSI Environnement Inc.
Mathieu Filion, general manager, is a Chemical Engineer from the University of Sherbrooke, and also obtained a Certificate in Industrial Production from Montreal’s ÉTS.
Arnold Ross, Technical Manager, is a specialist in pollution prevention and treatment for 30 years.