Printable Version Back to the list
Tricentris, centre de tri
- Organization Address
- 651, chemin Félix-Touchette
Lachute (Québec) Canada J8H 2C5
- Phone number
- 450 562-4488
- Primary sector
- Secondary sector
- Year's creation
- Ghislain Gagnon
- Title / function
- Représentant aux ventes techniques
- 450 562-4488
- Twitter Pitch
- Tricentris is a non-profit organization specialising in the sorting and marketing of recyclable materials. Its glass processing facility deb
- Operating three material recovery facilities (MRFs) in Lachute, Terrebonne and Gatineau, Tricentris receives, sorts and markets over 200 000 metric tons of recyclables annually. The glass processing division offers different grades of cullet to a variety of markets, including a micronized powder which is used as a cement replacement material in concrete.
- The glass processing facility conditions the waste glass recovered in the MRFs. The material is conditioned and then micronized to obtain a powder used as a supplementary cementitious material, a technology developed by the Chaire SAQ de valorisation du verre dans les matériaux at the University of Sherbrooke. The use of micronized glass as a replacement to Portland cement improves the overall performance of the concrete mix while decreasing the production of greenhouse gases generated during the manufacture of clinker. In addition, the use of a cement replacement material in construction projects can contribute to LEED points.
- Value proposition
- Tricentris holds the operating license to develop and exploit the technology developed by the Chaire SAQ de valorisation du verre dans les matériaux at the University of Sherbrooke.